Not sure what you'd like?
Learn more about our fragrance families.
Trouble finding your fragrance match? Let us help you
find your fragrance.
As many of you have already discovered, Thymes reed diffusers are an elegant, flame-free way to spread your favorite Thymes home fragrance throughout your environment. That’s because reed diffusers require no heat source to release wonderful aroma, making them safe to use in classrooms, offices and homes—especially those with small children.
Reed diffusers work by wicking scented diffuser oil from inside the bottle, carrying it to the top surface of the reeds and releasing the fragrance into the air. Plus, they make an intriguing accent for almost any décor.
For those who haven’t yet incorporated reed diffusers in your home, here are a few tips to get you started:
1. Choose the right vessel. Many reed diffuser containers look great, but they don’t all throw fragrance as effectively as the ones Thymes has designed for this purpose. Custom created to bloom fragrance evenly and enduringly, Thymes reed diffuser vessels are crafted to hold an optimal level of diffuser oil. The opening is also the ideal size for diffusing fragrance.
If you use your own vessel, select one with the right proportions. The reeds should stick out of the vessel at least as much as the vessel’s height, but not so much that they are apt to topple over.
2. Place in the right spot. Air movement from outside or the motion of your household helps circulate the scent, creating the ideal throw. You may need to make special adjustments if your room has an active A/C, air-exchange system or frequent door opening to the outside.
3. Flip your reeds. Bamboo reeds work to wick the scented oils from the container to the air, producing the fragrant impact you desire. By flipping them regularly, you’ll keep the scent at its freshest and most fragrant.
4. Adjust scent to the desired intensity. To either heighten or lessen the fragrance level, simply increase or decrease the number of reeds placed in your vessel.
5. Refresh your reeds regularly. Once the reeds become saturated, their cells get clogged, reducing their ability to wick and throw fragrance. And placing used reeds into another fragrance diffuser oil will impede a pure scent transfer. Reeds can be easily replaced, so be sure to keep some on hand. Order Thymes Diffuser Reed Refills here.
Discover Thymes Reed Diffusers, an elegant approach to standard air fresheners. We’d love to hear about your experience. Please do let us know what you think!
Thank you for your suggestions - and we agree! We've go our lab working on some options for reed diffusers in our Bath & Body fragrances. We'll keep you posted!
Can you add Olive Leaf to the diffusers scents?
Oh how I WISH you would release Goldleaf in a Reed Diffuser format!!
Your email will not be published or shared. All fields are required.
© 2013 THYMES, LLC