When you want to give your skin the royal treatment, start with a body scrub right in your own shower. Choose a body scrub that fits your style—sugar, salt, silica, or jojoba beads do the scrubbing while oils, butters, glycerin and other emollients provide moisture. These ingredients will help to polish and leave your skin beautifully renewed and buffed.
Here are the most frequently asked questions we receive at Thymes about how to use a body scrub:
1. What is the best way to use body scrub? You can use body scrubs in the bath or shower. To avoid damaging your skin, make sure your body is thoroughly wet and softened with warm water – overly hot water can dry your skin. Apply scrub with hands. Cover your body with an adequate amount of body scrub, and using circular motions, massage it into your skin. Rinse off and follow up with a moisturizing body lotion afterwards.
2. How often should people use body scrubs? Because your skin is delicate, you should only use body scrubs once or twice per week. If you’ve never used a body scrub before, make sure you test the body scrub on a small patch of your skin.
3. What are the key benefits of using body scrubs? The main benefit of body scrubs is how they aide in removing dead skin cells, which helps promote clearer and softer skin. The added advantages of using a body scrub can include skin-smoothing benefits; you can enjoy the invigorating and satisfying feeling of a massage in your own home with body scrubs.
4. What are the recommended routines for skin care? Thoroughly wet skin. Apply exfoliating body scrub with your hands to help remove dead skin cells. Rinse off your skin. Pat your skin dry and immediately apply a moisturizing body lotion to help lock in moisture.
5. Is it important to apply body lotion after using a body scrub? Anything you apply on your skin after using a body scrub will be absorbed more rapidly. Applying a hydrating body lotion is the most important after-scrub product to help seal moisture in your skin.
6. What is the proper way to use body scrubs to help relieve dry skin? Body scrubs are great for exfoliating dry skin because they remove the dry, dead skin cells and help you to nourish the fresh, new skin underneath. The result is soft, glowing skin all over. When you want to use a body scrub to help relieve your dry skin, the most important part is using a moisturizing body scrub and following up with a moisturizing body lotion. This two-step approach is key in helping to relieve your dry skin.
7. When should I not use a body scrub? If your skin is irritated in any way – particularly if you have a sunburn or rash, you should not use a body scrub. The scrub can irritate the skin even more and make the healing process your skin needs to go through last even longer. In these situations, use a body wash instead and follow up with a good layering of body lotion to help your skin recover.
8. How do you use body scrubs before manicures and pedicures? To get the most out of your manicure and pedicure, exfoliate your hands and feet with body scrubs before going to the spa or salon. To help elongate the effects of your manicure or pedicure, continue using body scrubs about once a week. This will help keep your skin smooth.
9. Should you use a body scrub before or after shaving? Use body scrubs before shaving to avoid a stinging sensation on irritated skin. As always, be sure to use a moisturizing body lotion after shaving.
At Thymes, we love body scrubs. They help to reveal the natural glow of your skin by exfoliating, buffing, and moisturizing your skin. Next time you’re in the shower, treat your skin to a nice body scrub from Thymes.
Where do I apply a body scrub?
Thanks for the big education about body scrub.
I will look out for your products next time I go shopping.